Winter Field Day 2018 January 27/28
Winter Field Day 2018                                    January 27/28

Comments

Comments

Please enter the code
* Required fields
  • Steve Fazekas (Wednesday, March 08 17 04:22 am EST)

Congrats on another successful WFD in 2017! This was the second year that our club, K3QY the Fort Armstrong Wireless Ass'n. participated and we already have next year's dates on our schedule. Thanks so much!
    Steve Fazekas K3FAZ

• Tom Phelps (Saturday, February 04 17 12:39 pm EST)

If you submit your log in ADIF format, please provide the following information in the same email.
    Category, Power Used, Bonus Points and Claimed Score.
    Thanks You!

• Dave Tabbutt W3DET (Monday, January 30 17 11:38 pm EST)

If possible mugs for 2018 should also
    include the year in addition to the WFD

• Ron Mudry (Monday, January 30 17 10:56 am EST)

The first 37 contacts I made for WFD were QRP.
    I than switched to QRO.
    Can I use the QRP 4 times multiplier for the 37 QRP contects? And would I note that in the soapbox section of the log file?
    Ron W6FPS

• Keith Hosman (Sunday, January 29 17 04:25 pm EST)

This year was my first time participating in Winter Field Day, I had a blast, will certainly be doing this next year. 73 de KC8TCQ

• Al (Thursday, January 26 17 06:32 am EST)

Not sure if operating from Arizona counts. Mild weather here - certainly no snow. Probably sunny and close to 70F. Oh well - I'll give it a go.

• Joel (Wednesday, January 25 17 10:01 pm EST)

The Mad Hatters, will be out smashing 5 watts or less into the air....Should be GREAT FUN!!! Thanks to you guys for setting it up! 73

VE6KEE

• Gary (Tuesday, January 24 17 12:47 pm EST)

I am dismayed that WFD rules are approaching those of ARRL Field Day. The old rules were quite refreshing and made my job easier when members come to me for clarification. "All contacts count as 1 point" was nice. Exchanging outdoor temperatures was a refreshing change from the standard 59(9). Oh well, the times they are a-changin'.

• RC Fullerton (Thursday, January 19 17 12:39 pm EST)

I'm really looking forward to this as well...going to set up as mobile outdoor running vhf station..
    Use my tilt up milmast system w antennas, vehicle power and/or batt w solar and work/sleep out of/in suv...
    All good training imho...

• Phil Schoenthal, N2MDV (Wednesday, January 11 17 12:59 pm EST)

A Winter Field Day makes sense to me. Heck, the ARRL does the VHS Sweepsteaks a week before this. Just too bad that the ARRL doesn't seem to be behind a Winter Field Day. It takes advantage of winter propagations and way less lightning QRM. You can operate 160M then where summer is near impossible. This gets my vote. Question is, is every station contacted worth a point, like the ARRL VHF Contests? That's my biggest gripe about ARRL Summer Field Day is only contestants are counted as points, but the point is to make as many contacts as possible. That should include any verifiable licensed contacts. Just my $0.02 worth.

• Darcy (Saturday, January 07 17 05:34 pm EST)

York County Amateur Radio Society - Rock Hill, SC

We're looking forward to our first year participating in WFD. Thanks for putting this together and 73!

• Tom Phelps (Monday, January 02 17 08:54 pm EST)

Hope this section benefits all of WFD

Contact Us Today!